British Academy of Film and Television Arts or BAFTA– the British version of the Academy Awards– has announced their nominees for the 2014 awards, including the animated films under consideration. Three films are nominated for both the animated feature competition and the animated short category. Previously known as Short Animation, the shorts competition has been renamed British Short Animation to play up the UK involvement in the films featured. There has been an ongoing requirement that nominated shorts have substantial British contribution to the production; the feature nominees have no such restriction.
The feature animated films nominated are:
- Despicable Me 2 (Universal Studios, Illumination Entertainment)
- Frozen (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- Monsters University (Pixar)
The nominees for British Short Animation are:
- “Everything I Can See From Here,” Bjorn-Erik Aschim, Sam Taylor, directors (Independent, The Line)
- “I Am Tom Moody” Ainslie Henderson, director (Edinburgh College of Art)
- “Sleeping With The Fishes,” Yousif Al-Khalifa, director (National Film & TV School)
The BAFTA Awards will be given out in a ceremony on Sunday, February 16th.